Skip to content
Digital Interactive Content
The extension of springs
- Click on the button “Intro”
- Drag and drop the 50 g weight on Spring 1 and the 100 g weight on Spring 2.
- Click on the red buttons beside each spring to keep the springs at rest.
- Check the boxes on the right ‘Natural Length” and “Equilibrium Position” to measure the length of the springs more accurately.
- Drag and drop the ruler and place it beside the springs to measure the original length of the spring (blue line) and final length of each spring (green line).
- Calculate the extension of the spring each time an additional 50 g of weight is hung on the springs.
- Click on the orange button on the bottom right to reset the springs.
- Drag and drop the unknown weights, pink, blue and orange, on the springs and repeat steps 3 to 5.
- Based on the extension of the springs, can you identify the masses of the pink, blue and orange weights? (Find the answers below)
error: Content is protected under Copyright