At Island Tutors, we prioritise our tutors’ time. Teaching is often the tip of the iceberg of the time and effort needed to conduct effective tuition lessons. Island Tutors minimises the time needed to prepare for lessons and respond to queries outside of class by providing all the curricular materials tutors need to teach and extending an on-demand WhatsApp Helpdesk to both students and tutors.
We are looking for reliable and committed tutors with an interest to teach and interact with children, who have an infectious passion for science.
Our remuneration packages start at $30 per hour and increase with more relevant experience and qualification. Tutors can expect flexible work arrangements, transportation allowance and a complete provision of lesson materials.
• Tutor students individually, or in small groups, at their homes.
• Communicate with parents, and Island Tutors, about students’ academic progress.
• Submit materials covered and lesson plan for the following lesson after every lesson online.
• (If applicable) Communicate with Island Tutors mentor to prepare for lessons and provide updates after lessons.
• Proven record of academic excellence in the sciences.
• Fluent and clear written and verbal communication skills.
• Nurturing and patient with children.
How to apply
Complete the form below and submit all of the following documents for your application to be processed.
Kindly upload all documents as one attachment file.
• Résumé or Curriculum Vitae
• Cover Letter (optional)
• ‘O’ Level Certificate
• ‘A’ Level Certificate / Diploma Certificate and Transcript
• University Degree Certificate and Transcript / Degree Audit
• Masters Degree Certificate and Transcript (If applicable)
Incomplete applications will not be processed. If you have been shortlisted, we will contact you within 2 weeks from date of application.